Automated Installation of Dump1090-Mutability, Data Feeders, and Performance Graphs

ab cd

To find the latest PFClient version number while in SSH console of RPI:

#Download planefinder's pfclient download page, and save it as file pfc
~$ sudo wget -O pfc "https://planefinder.net/sharing/client"

#Read from saved file pfc, the line containing word armhf.deb
~$ grep 'armhf.deb' pfc

#Above command will give following output which contains current version of pfclient for RPi
<a href="http://client.planefinder.net/pfclient_3.7.1_armhf.deb" class="download-link generic">

#After noting the version number, remove Plane Finder page saved as file pfc
~$ sudo rm pfc

Last edited:

ab cd

#If in above method, instead of command,
~$ grep 'armhf.deb' pfc

#following command is used,
~$ grep 'armhf.deb' pfc | grep -o -P '(?<=pfclient_).*(?=_armhf.deb)'

#it will give only version number like below

ab cd

Currently, the installation of dump1090-fa, Planefinder data feeder "pfclient" and "mlatclient" for adsbexchange fails.

This is because JP's scripts are not updated for sometime. As a result the version numbers in the script are outdated.

To update version numbers, edit file variables.sh and change version numbers of following software as shown in red, which are latest version numbers:
1) PIAWARE
2) PFCLIENT
3) MLATCLIENT

Code:
~$ sudo nano adsb-receiver/bash/variables.sh
#!/bin/bash
###########################
#
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
## SOFTWARE VERSIONS
# The ADS-B Receiver Project
PROJECTVERSION="2.5.0"

# FlightAware PiAware
PIAWAREVERSION="3.5.0"

# PlaneFinder ADS-B Client
PFCLIENTVERSIONARM="3.7.20"
PFCLIENTVERSIONI386="3.7.20"

# Flightradar24 Linux Debian package
FR24CLIENTVERSIONI386="1.0.18-5"

# mlat-client
MLATCLIENTVERSION="0.2.9"
MLATCLIENTTAG="v0.2.9"

# PhantomJS
PHANTOMJSVERSION="2.1.1"

After changing version numbers and Saving the file variables.sh, run the install script.

Code:
cd ~/adsb-receiver
./install.sh

Last edited:
Dear Sir, graph stopped working as well as dump10190-mutability 1.15. Plz advice where to check.

1516597703878.png

Can You advice me how to increase dump1090-fa ring length ?

1516597776684.png

For anyone who still has dump1090-mutability installed but cannot get the map or graphs working, try to change the ownership of the /run/dump1090-mutability directory:
Code:
~ $ sudo chown -R dump1090:nogroup /run/dump1090-mutability
(Some recent versions of fr24feed had mistakenly set the ownership of this directory to 'nobody:nogroup')

Dear Sir,

Today i tried to install dump1090-mutability with the script, but its result came as this. Not showing the version number in right side while no plane visible, But no error message in the map also. All other clients working properly. I thought FR24feed could have installed any dump, but if i uninstall dump1090-mutability, all client stop feeding. Can you tell me what the problem going around ?
1517305361566.png

@zahidulhasan
As the Flightradar24 upgrade problem is now over, can you please delete all your posts on this crisis so that the thread remains dedicated to its main theme. I am also going to delte all my posts on FR24 crisis.
Thank you.
Dear Sir, Its done. Thank you for your nice co-operation. But still i have issue with 1.0.19-11 but its fine with 1.0.18-9.

Thanks,
Zahidul Hasan.

Hi

I made two installations with this software on two different raspbian lite.
I used (I think) the same parameters but on one raspberry, the web interface do no have the Flights link...
So it is impossible to list all flights or search for a specific Flight...
Do you know why or what can I do to correct this ?

Thanks