Can not see my PF

Richard Lee

The isn't connecting now.
The puck is running and showing the right LEDs, but I can't see it on my PC or phones.
Yesterday, I was cleaning up some messy cables on my ham bench and the puck lost power for a while.
Now it's got power and running. But I'm not able to view the device...
Any changes to the firmware going on?

It looks like it's working but still not able to connect to the system and display planes.
I'll run some tests on the antenna with the VNA, to see if the coax filled up with water.
Not sure how to test the little microcomputer. Maybe just unplug all the plugs and re-plug everything back in, again..
Maybe it's a bad Ethernet cable...?.

Are you sure that the IP address that you use is not changed by using DHCP?
When the puck lost power for a while the DHCP address lease is gone and probably taken by another device.

I ran a Network Analyzer app on my tablet. In LAN scan mode, it shows 50 devices.
When I unplugged a device, new LAN scans show 49 devices. Plugged it back in, and it's 50 again.
Did the same thing on another device (Amazon puck) and got the same results.

When I unplugged the Plane Finder power, there was no change, it stays at 50.
How can this PF be sending data to the servers, and not be visible on my home LAN?

There is no MAC address on the puck. I got an email notice yesterday that has a number in it.

Wow, this forum is acting up. 3rd time trying to post an attached photo.

Could not log in to this site. Had to get a new password. What's up with that? Has my password data been hacked?
Someone logged on here and changed my password? How? Since it's done via email,
and I assume that email has been checked before allowing the change.
No luck seeing the PF device. The site link from the notice email shows me that my FP system is still working.
Its very fustrating not to be able to see it on my LAN.
"Remember, you can always view your own stats at our sharing site"..

My suggestion is to log into your router (192.168.1.1) to see connected devices and their names. As others have said it is VERY likely your device has a different IP address.

After digging out the passcode for the router, I found a ton of addresses. Then, I remembered the little label on the Pi box!
I searched on BBB and found the exact entry. BBB-PF-63 and the address was totally different. Not sure why.
Since this system has been up and running for a few years with any changes. Maybe someone updated the firmware?
Anyhow, now I can get on with my plane tracking.. :)
Thanks for the help guys!
R<><

Hi Richard, great to see that the issue was solved for you. In future you can also check the IP address on your Plane Finder sharing page (you need to be logged in to see your private tabs). Thank you as always for hosting the kit. It's been quite a few years now :)

Hi Richard, great to see that the issue was solved for you. In future you can also check the IP address on your Plane Finder sharing page (you need to be logged in to see your private tabs). Thank you as always for hosting the kit. It's been quite a few years now :)
I have the system on my Ham radio bench and it's been working pretty well for a long time.
Had to trim part of the USB mini power plug into the Puck, that was the only problem I can recall.

However, that BBB-PF-63 box (Raspberry Pi processor?) is made out of plastic and it's RFI on the US AM Broadcast Band it horrible!
(It's also heard on the 80, 40, 30 and 20 met
The Pi RFI can be heard on the AM clock radio in my bedroom just a few feet above the basement Ham shack.
I can only listen to the most powerful station 680 WRKO. Weaker stations are unusable.

Has anyone had this RFI problem? Maybe posted where to add on some ferrite cores on the lines?
Thanks,
Rich<><

Hi Rich, I know that you've had that receiver for many years now. Thank you for providing such a good home for it for all this time. I think it might be time for an upgrade! Please can you contact me via [email protected] and we can discuss this further. Cheers, Mark

Back