ModeSDeco2 and ModeSMixer2 for the Dongle?

Hello,

Now it is declared as a test version, but if passes all functions well, then becomes the release of ModeSMixer2 20150220.

+ fixed some bugs

+ added interpretation of airport codes on route. To see, place cursor in rotation on the ICAO airport codes

+ added second table on Google map that displays list of aircraft. To ON/OFF, you need to press on button in right side of header

+ added decoding and displays IC (Interrogator code): II (Interrogator identifier) and SI (Surveillance identifier)

Thanks,
sergsero

Last edited:
Hello

I tried to use modesdeco2 under gnuradio DVD 3.7.6.1 with hackrf . I used both live DVD and usb bootable device . When I run modesdeco2 , there is a message "no device detected".
hackrf is working fine with gnuradio DVD 3.7.6.1 and GQRX sdr front end . Is there a special release of modesdeco for hackrf or any configuration file that may recognize the hackrf

Thanks for answer

Hello fe8769,

Test version of modesdeco2 with hackRF support was implemented in September 2014. However, it was not publicly released. The first implementation did not show clear advantages over RTL dongle and needs to be improved decoding algorithm, specific for hackRF.

Thanks,
sergsero

It seems to me that I don't fully understand your question.
The program itself has no GUI (if the GUI imply graphical user interface), since it is a console application.

The internal web server is activated by adding the option "--web" with the value of HTTP port number. And subsequent opening in browser the URL (IP address of the computer and HTTP port).

ModeSDeco2 v.20150628

+ added support for AirSpy receivers (Firmware Version: Base AirSpy NOS v1.0.0-rc4-0-g23d1436 2015-03-22 and special AirSpy NOS v1.0.0-rc3-2-g23d1436-dirty 2015-03-22) with Intel x86 CPU (Windows, Linux, OS X)
+ added option --airspy-sr <arg> Set AirSpy sample rate (default: max available). Example: 4, 6, or 10 (for use with special fw AirSpy NOS v1.0.0-rc3-2-g23d1436-dirty 2015-03-22 only)
+ added option --avrmlatas <arg> Enable AVR MLAT AirSpy format (*<frame>;<timestamp: 4 bytes>;<samples_per_pulse: 1 byte>;\r\n) output listen port (default off)
+ added option --web-auth <arg> Enable web auth username: password (default: off)
+ added option --filter-ic Enable Interrogator Code filter (default: off)
+ added option --metric Enable metric system of distance measurement
+ added ability to select rows for aircraft's label on the map
+ added ability to display METAR data (with decoding them by pushing on the string) for one airport
+ added ability to select the map style

For RTL2832 only

Last edited:
"
@echo off
cmd /c modesdeco2.exe --gain 49.6 --freq-correction 65 --agc --location 34.17899:1020909 --web 8088 --rbs arg --beast 30003 --msg 30033 --sbs 10001 --metric --localtime
PAUSE
exit"

if i put this - --rbs arg what does it mean compared to -- rbs?

and how to fix this - Decoder Select Time out occurred,restarting...

Last edited:
kucengemok,

The option --rbs has no additional arguments. It's switcher, which only enables or disables the decoding mode of signal Mode A/C. Use this option only if you are really sure you need this data. Otherwise, it only makes additional CPU loading and clutters up output stream.
Also I noticed that you have error in your longitude - there is no decimal point in "1020909".

Regards,
sergsero

"
@echo off
cmd /c modesdeco2.exe --gain 49.6 --freq-correction 65 --agc --location 15.190903:86.287980 --web 8088 --rbs --beast 30003 --msg 30033 --sbs 10001 --avr 30031 --filter-ic --metric --localtime
PAUSE
exit "

any comment? and can we change the decoder's time out?

kucengemok,

The option --rbs has no additional arguments. It's switcher, which only enables or disables the decoding mode of signal Mode A/C. Use this option only if you are really sure you need this data. Otherwise, it only makes additional CPU loading and clutters up output stream.
Also I noticed that you have error in your longitude - there is no decimal point in "1020909".

Regards,
sergsero
by omitting -rbs..it means the decoder would not decode the signal from Mode A/C,right?

The computer resources are insufficient, especially its processor. For example, this happens when for the SDR computer you use low-powered laptop or netbook.
Or is enabled lowering the CPU frequency, in battery saving mode where the CPU is slow. It doesn’t happen in normal mode.
Although with RTL2832 dongle, this effect is very rare. Or are you use AirSpy receiver?

The computer resources are insufficient, especially its processor. For example, this happens when for the SDR computer you use low-powered laptop or netbook.
Or is enabled lowering the CPU frequency, in battery saving mode where the CPU is slow. It doesn’t happen in normal mode.
Although with RTL2832 dongle, this effect is very rare. Or are you use AirSpy receiver?
-" Or are you use AirSpy receiver?" No.

@sergsero

"@echo off
cmd /c modesdeco2.exe --gain 49.6 --freq-correction 62 --agc on --location 3.1908:69.789 --web 8088 --rbs on --beast 30003 --msg 30033 --sbs 10001 --avr 30031 --filter-ic --metric --localtime
PAUSE
exit"

Please comment on:
- gain 49.6 --freq-correction 62 --agc on --rbs on

The optimal value for gain and freq correction?

Hi,

Optimal in the meaning that is most suitable for your particular antenna-feeder device.
Criteria for:
the "--gain" there is no overloading by input signal level. Set the maximum, i.e., 49.6 dB. Typically, the program will automatically adjust this value later.
the "--freq-correction" is the unique value for each instance of dongle and represents an error of the internal oscillator. Determine its once and for all.

Regards,
sergsero

Write your full command line options that uses for starts the program.
By the pieces of log can say that program is trying to connect on the same computer. But it can't. It is not clear why changing the port.

So, need your full command line options or content of the modesdeco2.bat file.

Write your full command line options that uses for starts the program.
By the pieces of log can say that program is trying to connect on the same computer. But it can't. It is not clear why changing the port.

So, need your full command line options or content of the modesdeco2.bat file.
is this what u asked for?
"
@echo off
cmd /c modesdeco2.exe --gain 49.6 --freq-correction 62 --agc on --location 4.1893:89.5660 --web 8088 --rbs on --beast 30003 --msg 30033 --sbs 10001 --avr 30031 --filter-ic --metric --localtime
PAUSE
exit"