PF tracking error

Stealth

I noticed the following tracking error this morning. It was tracking an aircraft that it claimed to have landed 30 minutes or so earlier. The attached capture was at 0615 local time.

Looks like I may have found another bug, cannot attach or insert either a .png or .jpg of the screenshot.

Last edited:
Hi,

The "status" data comes direct from airlines so there is quite often a mismatch between what you can see there and what we show. We are looking to improve the times using our own data.

Hi,

The "status" data comes direct from airlines so there is quite often a mismatch between what you can see there and what we show. We are looking to improve the times using our own data.
As I'm providing you that ADS-B tracking data (although quite possibly the only one in the area), I would have thought it would have updated based on that.

Usually the airlines are better at this that ourselves as they can build in and predict the information from ATC etc. Especially before takeoff etc when we have no data.

We are looking to refine theirs using the ADS-B data where available though. It's not that simple however to apply something globally. One of the other sites using some ML algorithms and they are wildly off!

Usually the airlines are better at this that ourselves as they can build in and predict the information from ATC etc. Especially before takeoff etc when we have no data.

We are looking to refine theirs using the ADS-B data where available though. It's not that simple however to apply something globally. One of the other sites using some ML algorithms and they are wildly off!
This is something of a revelation, it brings into question the point of uploading at all.

Your uploading definitely helps with what we are core at. Plane locations on a map could not happen without that!

Back