Plane Finder Client Beta3 (3.0.1657)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterhr

Could the the "settings" tab on the web page be protected in the same way the "Enable configuration mode" button is please?

(it reveals too much info)

Lee Armstrong

Administrator
Staff member
Could the the "settings" tab on the web page be protected in the same way the "Enable configuration mode" button is please?

(it reveals too much info)
What info specifically are you after protecting?

Have you opened your client up to the outside?

peterhr

lat / long
The client runs in a separate VLAN on my router - the only way I can view it myself is from the outside.
(there will be others who run remote installations - away from base - that would find this useful too)

Lee Armstrong

Administrator
Staff member
lat / long
The client runs in a separate VLAN on my router - the only way I can view it myself is from the outside
Understood. We'll do that for the next beta.

Sounds like you need to set up some routing and firewall rules between those VLANs ;-)

peterhr

lat / long
The client runs in a separate VLAN on my router - the only way I can view it myself is from the outside
Understood. We'll do that for the next beta.

Sounds like you need to set up some routing and firewall rules between those VLANs ;-)
for now I've restricted access to it just to my own external IP.
As a SOHO router it was a pleasent suprise it would do multiple VLANs - I don't think it has the capability of complex rules governing traffic between the them.

cloud_9

Can pfclient listen to a port on localhost and and 192.x.x.x simultaneously and combine the feed like the Fr24 feeder for Raspberry.

Lee Armstrong

Administrator
Staff member
It can only connect to one data source at the moment. Can you explain the reason for needing to connect to multiple please?

Status
Not open for further replies.