Planefinder APP

Hello, I've been a feeder via my Pi set-up for a few years now and was previously using the APP on an older phone. When I got a new phone recently the APP didn't transfer. How do I go about downloading the APP to use on my new phone [Android] I contacted support via the messaging service on this site about a week ago but haven't had a response yet?
 
Hello,

Sorry to hear of this problem.
Thank you for sharing your data - it is very much appreciated.

Please can you also sign up here and assign your share code to your account if you haven't already

Once done you can use your account to sign into planefinder.net
This will give you premium access to the website.

We have created a login on the free Plane Finder apps that uses your planefinder.net login
Please therefore use the free app. Once logged in all of the premium features will be available to you.

I hope that you enjoy the website, app, and the sharing client.

Please also let me know of any problems or if we can ever help with anything else.

With thanks and best regards,

Mark

Mark Daniels
planefinder.net
 
Hi,

On both my android phone & tablet when opening Planefiner I get the following message ' Something went wrong. Check that Google Play is enabled on your device and that you are using an up to date version ....... & etc. I do not and will not use Google Play and have disabled it, using APK updater instead. The .APK version is 2026.2.3.

If I uninstall the app and install version 10.7.5 I no longer get the message and the application works fine.

Obviously there is something written into the later versions that periodically tries to connect to google play. Why have you done this.

It's very annoying and almost enough for me to not feed data into Planefinder and go to another app.

I'd rather not as I have spend quite a bit on a new power supply, antenna, mast and cabling after a storm destroyed my setup.

I hope you are able to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance,
John
 
Hi,

On both my android phone & tablet when opening Planefiner I get the following message ' Something went wrong. Check that Google Play is enabled on your device and that you are using an up to date version ....... & etc. I do not and will not use Google Play and have disabled it, using APK updater instead. The .APK version is 2026.2.3.

If I uninstall the app and install version 10.7.5 I no longer get the message and the application works fine.

Obviously there is something written into the later versions that periodically tries to connect to google play. Why have you done this.

It's very annoying and almost enough for me to not feed data into Planefinder and go to another app.

I'd rather not as I have spend quite a bit on a new power supply, antenna, mast and cabling after a storm destroyed my setup.

I hope you are able to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance,
John
Hi John,

Thank you for getting in touch and sorry to hear about the storm damage!

Regarding the issue you are experiencing, we only officially support the version of Plane Finder distributed through Google Play.
We are unable to support the use of third party APKs or alternative install methods, as only the Google Play version receives our full testing and ongoing updates.

We would recommend enabling Google Play and installing the latest version through there for the best experience and most secure version of the app.

Also worth mentioning, as you are sharing data with us, you are eligible for free premium access on the Plane Finder app. The latest version has some great features.

Sorry we can't be of more help on the APK side of things.
Thank you for sharing your data, we really appreciate it.

Best regards,
Dan
 
Back
Top